Fundraise in your community
We couldn’t do it without our amazing local community
Funds raised by local individuals, groups and organisations play a huge part in ensuring the continuation of services provided by Blackpool Carers. No matter what event you choose to host, it’s much appreciated and we’ll support you to make it as successful as possible.
Blackpool Carers also organises major fundraising events that our supporters and members of the local community can participate in. Our next major event is our Pier to Pier Cycle Challenge 20-23 July 2022 is a great way to keep fit, see some amazing countryside and raise funds for a worthy cause…so sign up today!
If you you would like to fundraise for Blackpool Carers, we will help you as much as we can. To get you started here are some of our top tips.
- Decide what you want to do, pick something fun that you’ll enjoy. You could take part in a sponsored sporting event such as the Great North Run, or mountain climb, hold a car boot sale, organise a quiz or tombola. Whatever your decide to do, give us a call to let us know on 01253 393748 or email email@example.com
- If you’re organising an event, find your venue, choose a date and work out your budget.
- Ask for charity rates from suppliers and for donations or sponsorship from companies – you’ll be amazed at how generous people can be!
- Ask your friends, family and colleagues to support or sponsor you, and ask them to ask their friends.
- Set up your personalised donations page via JustGiving. We can provide bespoke sponsorship forms for you which includes a Gift Aid section (most important!).
- Advertise your event wherever you can, social media can be particularly successful and we can also help to promote your event on social media, in our magazine, and on our website – remember to tag us in @BlackpoolCarers!
- Contact your local press/radio/TV and tell them what you’re doing – we can help you write a press release if you would like.
- Don’t forget to ensure you are keeping it safe and legal.
- Have fun and enjoy your event!
If you would like to speak to someone about your fundraising event, or wish to offer a donation of services or time, please contact our Head of Business Development & Fundraising, Terry Hodkinson on 01253 393748 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We love to hear about our supporters’ events and we can help you with posters, leaflets and collecting buckets. Don’t forget to send us your photos!
You can make your donations by several different methods; by cheque, cash, over the phone by card, or directly into our bank account, whichever is easier for you (call Julie Swift in the Finance Department on 01253 393748 for details).
Please make cheques payable to Blackpool Carers Centre and send them to Blackpool Carers, Beaverbrooks House, 147 Newton Drive, Blackpool FY3 8LZ.
Thank you so much for your support.