Each year, Young Carers’ Awareness Day (YCAD) is held to raise public awareness of the challenges faced by young people because of their caring role. This year focus is on mental health.
Young Carers Awareness Day (YCAD) Schools’ Super Snap Competition
What is involved?
- On YCAD (Thursday 31st January) each pupil in your school ‘Dresses Up’ using one of the following 3 themes:
– Dress to Impress (young carers are impressive)
– Superheroes (young carers are heroes every day)
– Hats Off to Young Carers (young carers wear many hats and carry out numerous roles) – Hats can be made by the pupils prior to the event
- Pupils give a minimum suggested donation of £1 to enter
- Each school takes imaginative/creative photographs of their ‘Dressed Up’ pupils and posts them on Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #YCADSuperSnap and tagging in BlackpoolCarers. These will be promoted by Blackpool Carers to raise as much awareness of young carers as possible. It will also promote your school involvement too.
- The most creative photograph will be chosen as the winner on Wednesday 13th February by Blackpool Carers’ staff and Rocco (the Carers Centre mascot).
- Rocco will then visit the winning school at a mutually agreeable date and time, to present the Winner’s Trophy
- The winning photograph will also be displayed on our website and in the March 2019 edition of our magazine Caring Times.
- Volunteers from Blackpool Carers will visit the schools w/c 4th February to collect the funds raised.
How to take part?
To register your school, please call Kay on 01253 393748 or email email@example.com We will also need your Twitter and Facebook name so we can promote you on social media.
Information and Resources to download
We have created the following material to help you promote this event:
- Young Carers Awareness Day Schools’ Super Snap Competition Poster for you to display – A4
- Information for parents for pupils to take home – Double sided A5 2 up on A4
- Young Carers Awareness Day information sheet to display in school – A4
- Young Carers Quiz to be used in class – 2 sided A4