The inclement weather, didn’t dampen the spirits of visitors to our Carers Week Garden Party on Saturday 16th June at Beaverbrooks House.
Many of the stalls and entertainment were moved indoors but the BBQ, very kindly run by Spire Fylde Coast Hospital, was a very welcome port of call at the bottom of the garden, where guests could enjoy a juicy burger or giant hotdog, yum!
132 guests including local MPs Paul Maynard and Gordon Marsden attended this annual Carers Week event and raised £1,100 to provide respite activities for local unpaid carers.
They enjoyed a whole host of fun and entertainment including: Cake Stall, Book Stall, Plant Stall, Toy Stall and Tombola, Choir, Health Checks, BBQ, Beauty Treatment Tasters, Craft Stall and Kid’s Crafts.
We would like to thank all the individuals, organisations and volunteers who supported the Garden Party and helped to make it a real success. We couldn’t do it without you. They include:
- Music and Mayhem – DJ, Face Painting and Candy Cart
- Frankly, The Sinatra Story with Phil Swift
- The Grand Theatre Choir
- James Shelliker, Acorn Woodcraft – Chainsaw Carving Demonstration and Raffle Prize
- Spire Fylde Coast Hospital – BBQ and Free Health Checks
- Karen, Burton’s Biscuits – Biscuit Decorating
- Kill That Bill Energy Advice – Dan Prince
- Skiggle Advice Stall
- Wood Carving Demonstration – Keith Barton
- Escape Hair & Beauty (based at Beaverbrooks House)
- Plant Stall – plants donated by The Plant Place, Thornton and B&Q
- Morrison’s Squire’s Gate
Please visit our What’s On page for details of forthcoming events.
If you would like to support our events or require more information about our organisation, please contact Terry Hodkinson on 01253 393748 or email: email@example.com