If you are holding a fundraising event for carers, raising money or are able to provide us with a donation of services or time, please contact Julie Swift on any of the ways below to discuss how we can help to make your event as successful as possible!
We mention the fantastic members of the Blackpool Community who are striving to make ‘a better life for Carers’s in our magazine, Caring Times and through our social media pages www.twitter.com/blackpoolcarers and www.facebook.com/blackpoolcarers
If you you would like to fundraise for Blackpool Carers Centre, we’ll will help you as much as we can. To get you started here are some of our top tips.
- Decide what you want to do, pick something fun that you’ll enjoy. Give us a call to let us know on 01253 393748or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find your venue, choose a date and work out your budget.
- Ask for charity rates from suppliers and for donations or sponsorship from companies – you’ll be amazed at how generous people can be!
- Ask your friends, family and colleagues to support or sponsor you, and ask them to ask their friends.
- Set up your personalised donations page via JustGiving. We can provide bespoke sponsorship forms for you which includes a Gift Aid section (most important!).
- Advertise your event wherever you can, social media can be particularly successful and we can also help to promote your event on Facebook, Twitter and on our website.
- Contact your local press/radio/TV and tell them what you’re doing – we can help you write a press release if you would like.
- Don’t forget to ensure you are keeping it safe and legal.
- Have fun and enjoy your event!
We love to hear about our supporters’ events and we can help you with posters, leaflets and collecting buckets. Don’t forget to send us your photos!
You can pay your money in by several different methods; by cheque, cash, over the phone by card, or directly into our bank account, whichever is easier for you (call Julie on 01253 393748 for details).
Please make cheques payable to Blackpool Carers Centre.