Blackpool Carers Centre is thrilled to have been chosen as The Mayor’s Charity of the Year for 2017/18.
Many fundraising events have been, and will be, organised by the Mayor’s Charity Committee and held throughout Blackpool during this year.
To enable our local schools to get involved and raise funds for the Mayor’s Charity Campaign and also celebrate Young Carers Awareness Day on Thursday 25th January 2018, we have organised a
Young Carers Awareness Day (YCAD) Schools’ Super Snap Competition
What is involved?
- On YCAD (25th January) each pupil in your school ‘Dresses Up’ using one of the following 3 themes:
– Dress to Impress (young carers are impressive)
– Superheroes (young carers are heroes every day)
– Hats Off to Young Carers (young carers wear many hats and carry out numerous roles) – Hats can be made by the pupils prior to the event
- Pupils give a minimum suggested donation of £1 to enter
- Each school takes imaginative/creative photographs of their ‘Dressed Up’ pupils and posts them on Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #YCADSuperSnap. These will be promoted by the Carers Centre and the Mayor’s Charity Committee to raise as much awareness of young carers and as possible. It will also promote your school involvement too.
- The most creative photograph will be chosen on Wednesday 31st January by Blackpool Carers Centre staff and Rocco (the Carers Centre mascot).
- Rocco and The Mayor of Blackpool, Cllr Ian Coleman, will then visit the winning school on Friday 2nd February (time to be agreed with the winning school) and present the ‘Winner of the Young Carers’ Awareness Day Schools’ Super Snap Competition 2018’ Trophy
- The winning photograph will also be displayed on our website and in the March 2018 edition of our magazine Caring Times.
- Volunteers from Blackpool Carers Centre will visit the schools on Monday 29th January to collect the funds raised.
How to take part?
To register your school, please call Kay on 01253 393748 or email firstname.lastname@example.org We will also need your Twitter and Facebook name so we can promote you on social media.
Information and Resources to download
We have created the following material to help you promote this event:
- Young Carers Awareness Day Schools’ Super Snap Competition Poster for you to display – A4
- Information for parents for pupils to take home – Double sided A5 2 up on A4
- Young Carers Awareness Day information sheet to display in school – A4
- Young Carers Quiz to be used in class – 2 sided A4